Saturday, May 1, 2010

1 Corinthians 13:4

Once again, there are a couple I could choose from. God's word is just full of soul filling truth that sometimes I jsut can't wrap my head around. sometimes, i don't know what to do besides just stare and read the words over and over again. sometimes all i can do is pray, for these words to be written on my heart, and for the Spirit to put a passion of obedience inside of me for these words of life as well as a steadfast mind, to remember these words. (This comes from seeking, and praying, and reading daily...)

Today's verse is 1 Corinthians 13:4
"Love is patient. Love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud."

Most people know this passage as the love chapter. Rarely do you see these verses apart from each other. Today, I want to focus on the "love is kind." part of this verse. Ultimately, Jesus is the picture of love. He is the definition of love, as a being.
I just recently finished a book called 'A Love Worth Giving' by Max Lucado. What Max does is breaks down the love chapter/verses. I highly suggest this book, it's become one of my favorites. But one of the chapters that stuck out the most to me, is the one on "love is kind."
For some reason, it seems like we don't really think of love, as being kind. we do, yet we don't. We don't tend to practice kindness. To other people, especially to ourselves. And all to often, we don't focus on the kindness that Jesus Christ has poured onto us. Through the cross(sacrifice), and His love, and His forgiveness. We are not a kind people. We are not a people who try to go out and be intentially kind to people. Kind in forgiving, in mercy, in acts, in love, even in fun.

So my prayer, is that I myself am a person of kindness. That i act in kindness, love in kindness, forgive and show mercy out of kindness. And that my focus, is God's kindness to me, and that I receive that kindness. Mercy plays a huge part in kindness. A lot of us don't deserve any kindness. Yet the Bible says, that love is kind. and we are to love. as Christ has loved us. So be kind. to all. and receive the kindness from Jesus, so that you know how, and can be kind to those around you. and to yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment