Friday, April 30, 2010

Philippians 3:8

"What is more, I consider everything a loss compared to the surpassing greatness of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things, I consider them rubbish, that I may gain Christ."
Philippians 3:8

This verse was a part of my devotions this morning, and while I was driving today i heard a song that had this in it. The word ALL and everything, really stick out to me and something that I've been thinking of the last while off and on. Just how EVERYTHING, i consider a loss...compared to knowing Jesus! knowing Jesus is that important. more important than ALL the things I own(all God's anyway), than my thoughts, than the people in my life...this list can pry go on but im tired to expand it.
But just think about what the word ALL and EVERYTHING truly mean....all the worldly things, things we cannot take with us when JEsus returns or we die, that we hold onto...ALL those things we should be counting as loss for the sake of knowing Christ, so that we can GAIN Christ. chew on that please. I will to.
ALL. EVERYTHING. key words. important words.
Is Christ your everything?! Do you consider everything in your life a loss for the sake of knowing Christ?!?!
I want to.

No comments:

Post a Comment