Monday, April 26, 2010

2 Timothy 1:7

Today's verse was between two, but I decided on the 2 Timothy one because it was a reminder to me. One that I need reminded of many times, one that i tend to forget about all too often. Especially with the biblical name of Embraced, and in learning and trying to embrace life and all God has for me, I need to be reminded of this passage.

2 Timothy 1:7
"For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline."

the NKJV says "God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind."

I like the NKJV the best. Because it explains what timidity is. and instead of the word self-discipline. which is good. it uses 'a sound mind.' which is very relevant to me. for my mind is my gift. but it also is a hard thing for me to control and to give control over. It seems that just when God has gained victory, Satan starts feeding my mind and my mind just soaks it up, creating captivity, once again. So this verse just reminds me, that God has given me the power of a sound mind, IN HIM. and of love, to accept love from Himself but also to be able to give love. and He has not given me a spirit of fear...which i tend to forget this often, becasue i walk in fear everyday of my life, whether i am aware of this or not. :/ In God, I can embrace. I can live Embraced.

I just wanna type the verse out again. It's that good! and I will just leave you all with that.

"God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind."

No comments:

Post a Comment