Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Hebrews 12:1

I am falling more in love with God's word doing this, and its only been a couple days!
But tonight while reading a few verses that have been sent to me, I just love the words of God. but what good are they to me, if I don't obey them?! If they are not written on my heart?!
So that is my prayer...that I obey these words that pierce and bring joy and light to my heart.


Hebrews 12:1
"Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perserverance the race marked out for us..."

I love this verse. the verse after it, is one of my favorites. but today, this is the verse that hits home. esp the last line...run with perserverance the race marked out for you...i find a hard time doing this. and with letting go of the sin that EASILY entangles me...for some reason i find that so hard as well to let go of.
but right God, times are a little bit tough, becasue im in an uncomfortable state of life, something im not use to, something new to me and to my spirit, but its what my spirit longs for and desires. and Satan is trying to tell me otherwise and pull me the other way...but God is holding onto me tightly!
So i just need to keep perservering. which a while ago perserverance was a word that God kinda showed me one day, it kinda wrecked me day (in a good way of course!) cuz its a word ive never really thought about. but i should think about it all the time. because each day, we are perservering. Satan is constantly throwing stuff at us, and that stuff is what we just need to not let entangle us. we need to perservere thru that, and hold onto God, while He(God) is holding onto us! and we can only perservere through the Holy Spirit!

Here is a cool tid bit: in my bible, i love to write little notes when thoughts come or someone says something cool about a verse. and by this one, I have to picture your at an old olympic stadium. (surrounded by a great cloud of witnesses!). and we are running this race...that has been marked out....and we may trip, we may have people pass us by, we may have people try to dodge in front of us to trip us up or mess around with us...but we just need to perservere.


Perservere. Thank you God. For your Word. For giving me perserverance. Help me Spirit to perservere in You, more each day. By your truth, no matter what the situation! You are Greater God! I Love You!

No comments:

Post a Comment