Sunday, April 25, 2010

Daniel 6:4-5

This is my new challenge to myself....and I am doing it publicly so that I am more likely to stay committed to it.
I want to blog, or share or whatever you call this...about a verse from the Living Word of God that really touched my heart in each day.

So today's verse was given to me by my friend Tina this morning from her devotions.
Daniel 6:4-5
"...They could find no corruption in him, because he was trustworthy and neither corrupt nor negligent. Finally these men said, 'We will never find any basis for charges against this man Daniel unless it has something to do with the law of his God.'"

Daniel 6 is about Daniel in the Lion's Den. The King's officials, or what is equivalent to a governor i believe, want to basically wanted to put Daniel away. But what i absolutely love, and what really stood out to me...was that they could literally find NO CORRUPTION in Daniel. I remember the other day someone said in our biblical training about this, that there is no record of sin in the life of Daniel in the bible. not saying he never sinned, but its just not recorded in the bible. this amazes me. as a being who sins daily, its almost unfathomable. Imagine someone wanting to put you away, and searching and searching to find something wrong and corrupt in you...it probably wouldnt take them very long to get something on you...(Satan does it all the time...and haunts us with those things) but with Daniel..they could not find anything. What they did realize, was that the only way they could get him, is if it had to do with his God. so they persuaded the King to create a law about everyone worshipping him and in short they set it up cuz they knew Daniel would not stop worshipping his God, to worship the King, and they caught Daniel praying.
They had to use deception, in the law, to get Daniel. and even so, Daniel still triumphed because God shut the lions mouths!
So I guess even though I still have corruption in me, and am not like Daniel, there is hope for that day when I see Jesus face to face, and will be perfect. THEN there will be no corruption in my soul! Until then, I trust and believe in God's awesome grace, and trustworthyness. and Strive to stay true to my Savior, and to live a righteous life, that was purchased by the blood of the perfect, spotless Lamb.

Thank you Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment