Thursday, April 29, 2010

2 Corinthians 12:9

But he said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.
2 Corinthians 12:9


Weaknesses....God is showing me that weaknesses are okay. Talking about my weaknesses, are okay. I don't have to put on this front that I am together, I can talk about my weaknesses as they are, IN them and not AFTER them or just about them. I need to come to a point where I am okay in my weaknesses. Ok in admitting my weakness, through my weakness, especially with other people.

I tend to care how people view me. Therefore, I hide my weaknesses, while they are weaknesses. Then when they aren't so much a weakness anymore, I talk about them.
That is not what this verse is saying. at all. to me. I need to talk about my weaknesses, in my weaknesses. To show the power of Christ. The thought of boasting in my weaknesses, is foreign to me. But it shouldn't be. If I really want Christ's power to rest on me...I need to allow my weaknesses, to be just what they are...weaknesses and to not hide them. By hiding them, I am basically making them worse. By talking about them, I am making them aware to myself and to others more, so that they can be worked on, and so that Christ's power can be revealed in healing me from them.

This is good for me. I needed this.
Jesus' grace is sufficient for me and His power is made perfect in my weaknesses.

No comments:

Post a Comment