Thursday, May 27, 2010

Romans 2:28-29

"A man is not a Jew if he is only one outwardly, nor is circumcision merely outward and physical. No, a man is a Jew if he is one inwardly; and circumcision is circumcision of the heart, by the Spirit, not by the written code. Such a man's praise is not from men, but from God."
Romans 2:28-29

I feel like this is kind of an odd verse of the day for me to have. But as I was reading this morning, this verse just stuck out and reminded me that who I am, is not just what people see on the outside. Who i am, who God designed me to be, is alreayd inside of me. If I want to be true to who I am in Christ, I need to live from the inside out, and not just from the outside.
One thing I am learning about myself is that I tend to care too much of people's perception of me. I like people to think that I have it all together, even when I don't. I don't want people to see my mistakes while they are happening, I feel this need that I have to look a certain way or be "perfect" .....
this is something i've never realized that i do, and franky, im rather embarrassed that I do. But God is definately revealing to me that I live my life this way, I live my life in fear all too often, and it holds me back so much.

My praise is not from men, but from God.
I should not be living to please or to 'perform' or to live for a certain appearance, for men...but only for God.

My prayer is that I live to please God, my approval comes from God, that I'm okay with my mistakes and trust that other people can handle and deal. I don't need to be perfect. I can enjoy my time in the mistakes, make the most. my prayer is that I don't take myself too seriously anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment