Monday, May 17, 2010

1 Peter 4:7

1 Peter 4:7
"The end of all things is near. Therefore be clear minded and self-controlled so that you can pray..."

I love verse 7 where it says to be clear minded and self controlled so that i can pray. So often my mind is definately not clear...and so often i am not self-controlled. this verse kind of reminds me of 2 Tim 1:7 where it talks about how we have been given a sound mind and power and not a spirit of fear. God really uses this verse to minister to me. and for some reason I feel this is almost like a sister verse. But my prayer, is for a clear mind and for self-control. to pray. fervently. and clearly. and purely.




And I want to add on the next few verses...just because I really like them. and it was part of my devotions this morning. So just let them touch your heart because there is a lot in the Word of God when we really let it penetrate our hearts and really look at what God is saying through His people.



"Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins. Offer hospitality to one another without grumbling. Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering God's grace in its various forms. If anyone speaks, he should do it as one speaking the very words of God. If anyone serves, he should do it with the strength God provides, so that in all thing God may be praised through Jesus Christ. To him be the glory and the power for ever and ever. Amen." (8-11)

No comments:

Post a Comment