Sunday, May 2, 2010

Psalm 119:45

"I will walk about in freedom, for I have sought out your precepts."

Freedom is something that always strikes my heart. Because it is something I struggle with. I struggle with my freedom....kind of odd, i know.
I believe I have been set free. I used to believe that being set free, meant that what I have been set free from, now has no place in my life, that it will never show up again. but i have come to learn, that being set free, means this 'thing' has no stronghold over me, but it does not mean that it just goes away. nope, Satan reminds you of what you have been set free from, trying to get you back into your chains. But if you've been set free, why would you ever want to go back into chains?! But yet, this is something that i believe we all struggle with.

So when this verse was sent to me today, i loved it.
I want to walk in the freedom Christ has bought for me, given to me. Because I have it. I've been set free. and I can walk in freedom, when I seek out God's precepts (or moral conduct). Jesus' life. His truth. His way. And that can become a part of my life. The more I get to know Jesus, the more and better I can walk in this freedom.

So seek out Jesus. and walk in the freedom He has paid for you. Don't walk in the chains that have been broken. Jesus is greater than any chain, no matter how thick. Jesus' death on the cross overcame it all. His love. Plz walk in that. I plead for you, I plead for myself, walk in freedom. and meditate on the truth of who God is in your life!

1 comment:

  1. Amen! I was thinking tonight about how wonderful it is that our Truth is a person, not some idea or theology. He himself has showed us how to live a free life, a life of love & faith. He's too good for words!!

    ReplyDelete