Sunday, May 23, 2010

1 Corinthians 4:12

"We work hard with our own hands. When we are cursed, we bless; when we are persecuted, we endure it..."
1 Corinthians 4:12

This verse is amidst a passage where Paul is talking to the Corinthians on how the apostles are living. I think we as Americans, have no idea what it is like to live in persuction, to run for our lives, to not have clothes or food or anything we want really. and when we get remotely close to that, we freak out. we have no idea. i think we are so blessed, yet we take all of it for granted and we don't know how to use our blessings to the best we can. we don't know how to appreciate them.

this verse stuck out to me, becaue I tend to hate working. Like despise it kinda. And so often I look at the apostles lives, and think in my head, 'well they never had to work, they just served the Lord and traveled all the time!' which its my dream to just travel for Jesus. But this verse, and there are others, show that the apostles had to work to survive. They worked hard, harder than I probably can even imagine, we all have to make an ends meet. and our work, no matter what kind of labor, is all part of our ministry. Is all a part of our lives that are for God.

No comments:

Post a Comment