Thursday, May 20, 2010

1 Peter 3:15

I'm on a 1 Peter Kick at the moment.

1 Peter 3:15
"But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to eveeryone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect..."


What struck me most from this verse, is the first sentence. How often do I really set Christ apart in my life, as LORD over all. every single detail. how often do I take the time in my day to hand over that control, and to set aside my day and my time FOR Him. How often do I check my heart, to make sure that I am setting Christ apart as LORD. So this is a challenge to me.
Also, I think that each day if we set Christ apart as Lord in our hearts (which is such a beautiful picture), I think that by that, we will be more engulged in His word and with that, comes knowing Him more intimately, as well as being able to give an answer to all with gentleness and respect...because we are so focused on Jesus.

This is my prayer for tonight. To set apart Christ as Lord in my heart. each day. each moment. and to know Jesus, more intimately each day. To give up my time, my effort, my desires....but to be completely engulfed with Him. My Savior...My Lover....My Friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment