Sunday, May 9, 2010

Matthew 7:24-25

"Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock."
Matthew 7:24-25


So the conversation tonight has dealt with foundations. So this is my passage for today. I feel like God is maybe trying to point something out. Jesus Christ is our foundation (1 corinthians 3 says that). Colossians 2 tells us to let our roots grow deep into Him. Here in Matthew, if our House (which we are the temple of The Holy Spirit, so US) is built on a firm foundation (Jesus Christ), when trials and storms come, we will not be shaken.

So often, I think we find ourselves shaken. It doesn't mean that the foundation isn't there, it just means that our building is a little wobbly...and we may need to do a bit of reconstructing upon the foundation. Sometimes we forget our foundation is there...and we crumble, to see that yes it is there.
But I want to be like the wise man who built his house upon the rock. I want to be firm, when trials come. i don't want to be tossed from one side to the other, to be drowned...I want to no matter what, stay put. On top of my foundation. To stay firm in and on Jesus Christ. Because HE is my foundation.

I read this quote in my brother's blog tonight, its from Oswald Chambers
"the real meaning of eternal life is a life that can face anything it has to face without wavering."

I will leave it at that. That and the wise man, and the firm foundation is my prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment