Thursday, May 6, 2010

Acts 6:10

"but they could not stand up against his wisdom or the Spirit by whom he spoke."
Acts 6:10

I was reading about Stephen this morning. a couple verses before 10, it says how Stephen was a man FULL of God's grace and power, and did many miraculous and wonderful things. he was FULL of God's GRACE and POWER. and because he was full of God's grace and power, (here comes the verse for today) the Sanhedrin, the people trying to tear him down, the ones causing opposition, could not stand up against him, or prove him wrong...
I find this incredible. It kind of goes with the verse from 2 nights ago, about always speaking the truth. Not being able to help yourself in a sense.
If i want wisdom, I need to ask God for it. If i want to be FULL of God's grace and power, I need to seek God and get to know Jesus more and more each day. A lot needs to change in my heart, and especially in my mind. Change is needed. I need to spend more time with my Savior. Do i take that time?! He is jealous for me...do I meditate on that thought? Do i meditate on His thoughts towards me (verse from the other night too...)? Do I praise Him enough?!

The answer is no, unfortunately. Something needs to change. I desire to be FULL of God's grace and his power.
so that I can stand up for Christ, in truth, and nobody can knock me down...

No comments:

Post a Comment