Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Hebrews 12:14

"Pursue peace with all people, and holiness, without which no one will see the Lord."
Hebrews 12:14


Once again, to quote my devotions. "Peace is a committment...making peace can be harder than waging war but it can result in harmony and happiness."
Peace as well, has a lot to do with relationships. And that is what this verse is talking about in Hebrews. Seek peace with all people. If they are not giving you peace, you be the peacemaker. be the 'bigger man' in this day and age.

i also love how it says to pursue holiness as well. and without holiness (and im assuming peace w others as well), our eyes to see the Lord will be blurred without that pursuit and without holiness and peace. So if we are not pursueing holiness (set-apartness) and peace with all people we will not see God.
So many times I think when we are struggling, we dont see God, because a lot of times, we are not seeking peace with others. if others are involved in our struggles, we usually want revenge, or we want them to be the first to say sorry or something of that sort, rather than us pursue it ourselves. we also dont pursue holiness. i dont think we think about pursueing holiness enough. holiness is a big thing. its us being totally set apart from the world, FOR God. do we really set ourselves apart for God, especially when we are struggling!?
do we pursue holiness at all costs, to see our Lord and Savior?!?!
I often don't. but I want to. and the only way I know to change that, and to pursue is to pray. to give more of my time to Jesus. to spend more time with Him. and to seek Him. read His word!



"Blessed are the peacemakers,
for they will be called sons of God."
Matthew 5:9

I want to be a peacemaker. whenever i think of a peacemaker, i think of a quiet, shy person. but thats totally wrong. a peacemaker is a warrior. is a bold person who will not stand for anything but peace, who strives for harmony between them and others. who strives for God in every part of a relationship. and every part of their own life.
God, I want to be a peacemaker. I want to see you. I want to live set-apart for You. I want to live in harmony with others. with myself. with You.

No comments:

Post a Comment