Friday, June 4, 2010

John 8:32

"Then you will know the truth, and the truth shall set you free."
John 8:32


So I have been slacking the last couple of days. I've been just kinda worn out i guess, and I wanted to be sure that I was awake when I do my devos so I actually am with it and get something out of it.
But tonight the verse that kinda stuck with me was this verse. I have the word truth tattooed over my heart, inverted so that when i look in the mirror I can read it. and its there as a reminder of truth, and what truth is. and esp the truth God says about me. I tend to believe so many lies, and i want to believe the truth and see things the way God does.
but the great thing about this verse, is that the truth will set us free. When we KNOW truth, it will set us free. and i think when we dont just know it, but really believe and live it out, freedom will be lived out in us. cuz it doesnt say, when you BELIEVE you will be set free. but when you KNOW truth. I know a lot of truth, so it has already set me free. It's just up to me to live in that freedom that Christ has bought for me. and to walk in that truth day by day. no matter what.

i actually find myself repeating this verse more often lately, maybe God is trying to tell me something!

Know the truth and the truth will set you free.

No comments:

Post a Comment