Monday, June 14, 2010

1 Peter 5:10

"And God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast." 1 Peter 5:10


Suffering is a part of life. It sucks, its hard, we can't run from it, no matter how many times we try, it keeps catching up to us. We get tired and weary of running eventually. and when the right people, right God timing is there, the running will stop. There is no EASY button for life. I've been pressing the easy button all of my life, even when it hasnt seemed like it, i have been. cuz hard, just scares me.
but God promises, that tho there is suffering (cuz Jesus suffered...so why should I not suffer...why should I take an easy way out, when Jesus took the road less traveled, the hardest, more difficult route...and im trying to just sneak by......not cool.), God will bring restoration. strength. endurance. steadfastness.
I (we) have to hold onto that promise. That hope. That light.

Focus. is a very important thing, that we think too lightly of.

Be my focus LORD.

No comments:

Post a Comment