Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Beginnings

This isn't a part of my daily blog..but I just really felt like sharing this, because its on my heart and today ive been thinking about it a lot.

Beginnings.
In my mind, what I tend to do, is when things get tough, i think/feel like it is the end of the world. But what I think I am learning...or trying to learn i guess...is that it is not the end of the world, in fact, it is a beginning. There are new beginnings everywhere, if we just open our eyes, and allow beginnings to be a part of our lives.

My friend gave me this poem a couple weeks ago, and I absolutely love it, and i have it sitting against my lamp where i do my devotions, so that i see it every morning. and it is somethig that I try to pray everyday. I am not sure what book it is from, so i cant quote it exactly...but this is it.


'Help me to believe in Beginnings.'

O God, help me to believe in beginings and in my beginning again,
no matter how often I have failed before.
Help me to make beginnings:
to begin going out of my weary mind into fresh dreams,
daring to make my own bold tracks in the land of now;
to begin forgiving,
that i may experience mercy;
to begin questioning the unquestionable
that I may know truth;
to begin disciplining
that I may create beauty;
to begin to sacrifice
that I may accomplish justice;
to begin risking
that I may make peace;
to begin loving
that I may realize joy.

Help me to be a beginning for others,
to be a singer to the songless,
a storyteller to the aimless,
a befriender to the friendless;
to become a beginning of hope for the despairing,
of assurance for the doubting,
of reconciliation for the divided;
to become a beginning of freedom for the oppressed,
of comfort for the sorrowing,
of friendship for the forgotten;
to become a beginning of beauty for the forlorn,
of sweetness for the soured,
of gentleness for the angry,
of wholeness forr the broken,
of peace for the frightened and violent of the earth.

Help me to believe in beginnings,
to make a beginning,
to be a beginning,
so that I may not just grow old,
but grow new each day of this wild, amazing life
you call me to live with the passion of Jesus Christ."

No comments:

Post a Comment