Tuesday, June 15, 2010

1 Corinthians 6:15, 19-20

"Do you not know that your bodies are members of Christ himself?...
Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body."
1 Corinthians 6:15a, 19-20


My favorite part of these verses, is "YOU ARE NOT YOUR OWN..." I often forget, that I was bought at a price and that I am not my own. All to often I find myself focusing on myself...which i absolutely hate. cuz it affects relationships, and ministry and life in general.
But I love the idea and FACT that our bodies are a member of CHRIST the person. We are united with Him, and one with His spirit. The Holy Spirit. This is something that my mind just can't comprehend, or cant wrap its fingers around (which is pry a good thing). But it is an incredible truth, and I am very thankful for it. Because otherwise, I would have no strength, no abilities in life really...so I am very thankful for God giving me the Holy Spirit. I just need to remember and recoginze Him more in my everyday life, and honor God with my body, becasue it is a temple. With what I say, with what I eat, with what I allow into my mind/stomach/mouth...etc.
It's a huge responsibility, being the home of the same Spirit that comforted Jesus and gave Him strength.
Do we realize this?! Do we LIVE in step with Him? Do we honor Him?

No comments:

Post a Comment