Sunday, June 20, 2010

1 Corinthians 9:26-27

"Therefore I do not run like a man running aimlessly; I do not fight like a man beating the air. no, i beat my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize."
1 Corinthians 9:26-27


This is from the passage about running the race, and receiving a crown, prize. I love verse 26, cuz it just speaks to my heart and challenges me. So often i think I don't run in the right direction, or with purpose at times. I need to run towards God, and i need to run with fervor, and purpose--not aimlessly. and when fighting temptation and the evil of the world, i need to fight with all that I am and rely on the Holy Spirit. and not fight the air...i need to learn to fight. cuz its something i donnt think that i really know how. We need to give so much more of ourselves to God. and to life. we don't put enough effort forth. our focus is ourselves and what we want, but what we want...is to be lazy and for ppl to fight FOR us.
We have to make an effort, more effort. and im preaching to myself mainly. I don't want to be disqualified for the prize in the end. I want to live this life with all I am, for Jesus. for my prize. He is my strength, my motivation, the one who has and is fighting for me. So run fervantly (i really like that word).

No comments:

Post a Comment