Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Psalm 19

My heart needed to be calmed down tonight, so after some journaling and prayers, I turned to my Psalm chapter for the day. Psalm 19.

Beginning with the end…v 14.
”May the words of my mouth and the meditations of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.”
What am I meditating on?!

What I should be meditating on is what the previous 13 verses explain…It starts out…

”The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands. Day after day they pour forth speech; night after night they display knowledge. There is no speech or language where their voice is not heard. Their voice goes out into all the earth, their words to the ends of the world. In the heavens he has pitched a tent for the sun, which is like a bridegroom coming forth from his pavilion, like a champion rejoicing to run his course. It rises at one end of the heavens and makes it circuit to the other; nothing is hidden from its heat…”

and it goes on even more…(which I love definitions, so I looked up the definitions to these words, and if you substitute the definition for the word, at least for me, it helps put things into a better perspective and understanding of what it is saying)

“The law (rules of conduct established by the authority of a nation) of the LORD is perfect, reviving the soul. The statutes (rules) of the LORD are trustworthy, making wise the simple. The precepts (rules of moral conduct) of the LORD are right, giving joy to the heart. The commands (orders) of the LORD are radiant, giving light to the eyes. The fear (awe) of the LORD is pure, enduring forever. The ordinances (regulations) of the LORD are sure and altogether righteous. They are more precious than gold, than much pure gold, they are sweeter than honey, than honey from the comb. By them is your servant warned; in keeping them there is great reward….”

 

I believe, the Psalms speak for themselves. What should I be meditating on? God. Father. Son. Holy Spirit. His Glory. How nature screams His name. His law, statue, precepts, commands, fearing Him, and His ordinances…

“May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.”

No comments:

Post a Comment