Thursday, December 2, 2010

Don’t let your heart be troubled.

I tend to let responsibility overwhelm me……a lot. I have such an independent spirit that I just don’t like to be tied down to certain things and when I am, bring on the overwhelming feeling! But I just need to remember that responsibility is a privilege…especially responsibility for the LORD. And remember that the LORD always works everything out, and goes before me and is with me. THANK YOU JESUS! is all I have to say!

I was reading today in Exodus 17 (which Exodus is my favorite, I just love Moses so much)…but Exodus 17 is when the Israelites are complaining to Moses about being thirsty and not having water. The NKJV says that they were “contending with Moses”…..i looked up the word contending and it means to argue or to fight. So they were fighting with Moses on this issue of not having water (which they tend to complain a lot about not having things…) and then it goes on to say that they were tempting the LORD. I found this rather interesting….that by fighting with Moses on the issue of (ultimately) God’s Provision (which He had promised to be with the Israelites and to deliver them) they had been tempting the LORD...This is HUGE deal! and it made me think, does this mean for us today, that by us “contending” with the promises of God that we ourselves are tempting the Lord? Tempting the Lord to what, I am not sure…I am no theologian…but i just that passage so interesting and its just sparked a lot of thoughts in my head.

And yet the Israelites continually complain when they don’t have what they think they need at a certain time…

God knows our needs, and at just the right time He WILL provide for His children. and I am very thankful that God does not just provide physically, but spiritually and emotionally and any other way you can think of!

Romans 8:28 "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose."

No comments:

Post a Comment