Saturday, December 4, 2010

Holy, Holy, Holy is the LORD God Almighty

How often do we prepare, or consecrate ourselves for God?

“Then the LORD said to Moses, “Go to the people and consecrate them today and tomorrow, and let them wash their clothes. And let them be ready for the third day. For on the third day the LORD will come down upon Mount Sinai in the sight of all the people. You shall set bounds for the people all around, saying, ‘Take heed to yourselves that you do not go up to the mountain or touch its base. Whoever touches the mountain shall surely be put to death. Not a hand shall touch him, but he shall surely be stoned or shot with an arrow; whether man or beast, he shall not live.’ When the trumpet sounds long, they shall come near the mountain.”
So Moses went down from the mountain to the people and sanctified the people, and they washed their clothes. And he said to the people, “Be ready for the third day; do not come near your wives.”
Exodus 19:10-15

We have the Holy Spirit living inside of us, so granted we always have the presence of God. But are we daily consecrating (devoting…) ourselves and preparing so we are ready for God? to serve god?
So often I think I forget about how God, is a HOLY God. In Exodus 19 verse 5 God gives limits to Moses on where the Israelites can stand before He shows Himself. God is so Holy, that as His chosen people, they still cannot be a certain distance from Him. Granted, now a days, Jesus has justified us, therefore we can be with God 24/7 and are. But there are still limitations, because of our human bodies and our sinful nature. Am I daily preparing emotionally, spiritually, physically to be with God? To spend time with Him, to expect answers and acts from Him in a day? If I am honest, the majority of times, I am not.

Do I treat my God, as He truly is…which is Holy? Sometimes yes, majority no.
Or do I treat my God, as just another person in my life? Majority yes, sometimes no.

My heart’s desire is to live to please my God, my Savior, my Guide. To daily recognize Him as HOLY. I want to live a life worthy to be called His child, of which I am one, by His grace and love. I desire the Father, Son and Holy Spirit to receive from me the praise, honor, respect, glory…due to His name and His character and His Holiness. He deserves every single ounce of me, yet all to often I fall short. I ask for forgiveness for falling short all to often, but I am eternally grateful for the grace, mercy and love that Jesus has poured into and over my life. Each day, may I take time to recognize the truth of who you are God.
(which shows me the truth of who I am.)

And God came as a cloud of fire. And one of my favorite scripture later on in Exodus(33 i believe)…God is so Holy that He could not even show His face…yet His love protects us from how Holy He is!
This….is what makes me revere my LORD!

No comments:

Post a Comment