Friday, November 5, 2010

Worship

So recently God has been showing me and bringing up a lot about worship.
Worship is a passion of mine, a huge desire of my heart. To become a worshipper that is described in John 4:23. This past week at bible study with our girls we talked about worship. it was awesome discussion just on what being a worshipper looks like, and on dedicating certain gifts and abilities God has given us back to Him. This is one thing I was challenged on, and that I did and that I need to continue to remember and to do.

One thing that I feel God wants from me and is asking of me, is to become unhindered. Im realizing that there are still strongholds in my life. And i think that these strongholds are what hinder me in worship. not just in worship as a music/singing setting, but in life...living unhindered, but especially in the music/singing area cuz thats my passion.

God desires all of us. He doesn't desire just worship, but worshippers. I long to be a worshipper. To be fixated upon Him, and to glorify Him with my voice, words, and musicianship. It's just a matter of growth and the process of becoming unhindered. I learned the other night that it will be painful, but in the end, there is victory with Christ and it will totally be worth it.

Revelations 4 and 5 have been a huge encouragement to me this past while. Just the picture of perfect worship. and this morning i read Revelation 21 and was just so in awe and excited for the perfectness and the NEWNESS. Pure worship. My heart desires that and longs for that. and is my prayer for on this earth to worship as pure as I can in the name and power of Jesus Christ!

No comments:

Post a Comment