Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Caring for those in need

I love when you are praying about something and you go to do your devotions and they are basically about what you were praying for/about! I love how God works that way sometimes!

So these are the verses I read this morning…

“When you reap the harvest of your land, do not reap to the very edges of your field or gather gleanings of your harvest. Do not go over your vineyard a second time or pick up the grapes that have fallen. Leave them for the poor and the alien. I am the Lord your God.”     Leviticus 19:9-10

“Give freely and become more wealthy, be stringy and lose everything. The generous will prosper; those who refresh others will themselves be refreshed.”   Proverbs 11:24-25

I was praying this morning for my heart’s desire to provide for those who are in need, to be an encouragement to them and just to love them. And then I read these verses and was just really encouraged. We are told in the Bible to look after and provide for the widow and the orphan, the poor and the oppressed.
Just yesterday us girls were talking about being a servant. and how selfless it is and sometimes is quite hard to do. But how rewarding it is to be a servant. We need to be willing to serve the Lord by serving the poor and needy, providing for their needs. God has blessed so many of us with our own needs (physically, emotionally and spiritually), that when we are in abundance, we are to share our abundance.

This is my heart. I was just rather encouraged and excited about those verses today and my prayer! Thank you Lord! May we all have servant hearts and refresh those we come in contact with.

No comments:

Post a Comment