Thursday, November 11, 2010

God's Omnipresence

There are so many things in my journal, in my heart, in my head that I could choose to blog about right now, but the one thing that is resonating the most with me, is the Omnipresence of God.

John 16:7
'Nevertheless I tell you the truth. It is to your advantage that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you; but if I depart, I will send Him to you."

My Pastor preached on this passage on Sunday. Why was it to the disciples (and to ours) advantage that Jesus left them? Jesus was with them all the time, was there to lead them, guide them, speak truth to them, discipline them, laugh with them, walk with them, run with them, rest with them...was there for it all. Now He was leaving...Jesus could not stay. He had a purpose to fulfill. The Love Jesus had(has)in His heart for God's children, is so strong that He limited Himself. (Philippians 2:5-10) Jesus is fully God. Yet He limited Himself to a human body, to bring about Salvation and Redemption to us all. I am not quite sure how to portray my heart's outbursts of joy, appreciation, respect, reverence, and love for Jesus...but just know that this is a HUGE deal! Jesus had to die, He chose to die, and with becoming a man, He could not be everywhere, everytime, with everyone. He was limited.

In this passage, He is talking about the promise of the Holy Spirit. Now the Holy Spirit, is with us all, all the time, everywhere. Jesus also had to leave, so that the Holy Spirit could come be our guide, our leader, our truth speaker, our comfort...all that Jesus was and is. As a man, Jesus could not do that for all of us. The Holy Spirit can.

This truth is just now hitting me, after all these years of knowing about the Omnipresence of God. It is becoming real to me.
It is also real to me in the sense, that I struggle. Satan temps me every now and them with old ways of thinking, old strongholds...but the truth is, The Holy Spirit is with me, empowering me, leading me...so He can whisper in my ear in the midst of temptation about who I am in Christ, and I can choose to listen or to ignore. I can choose to be victorious because Jesus has won, or I can choose to allow myself to be defeated. But how can I allow myself to be defeated when I have the Holy Spirit of God living and working inside of me!? This is one thing I forget all too often. It's frustrating, but I find comfort in the truth that the Holy Spirit is with me. I am always spending time with Him, wherever I am, whatever I am doing. I can always talk to Him, ask Him for help, and receive. I have no reason to fear, for God is with me! I have no reason to live defeated or ashamed or discouraged, cuz Jesus has won the victory!

It's been a good week!
God is good!

"However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come."
John 16:13

Remain in the Love of Christ. (John 15)

No comments:

Post a Comment