Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Ephesians 4:13

"...to prepare God's people for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up, until we all reach unity of faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God and become mature, attaining to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ."
Ephesians 4:12-13


So one thing that has always bothered me, is how as believers, we all serve the same God. Yet amongst believers, there are so many different interpretations of scripture, different beliefs that we all can discuss intensely over. It's just one thing that I cannot understand, but it happens and I am one to completely agree to disagree, and to live on with the relationships. it's good to have people who agree with you, but who also disagree with you, it brings some charachter to your life and also helps you know and believe more of what you actually believe and what you will stand up for.

There is still Love, in all of the disagreement. That is what I find the beautiful thing to be!

So when I read this verse this morning, it just made me excited for when Jesus returns, and the fact that we all reach a UNITY IN FAITH, in the KNOWLEDGE of Jesus and we will be able to attain the whole measure of the FULLNESS of Christ. this is completely mind-boggling to me! yet i love it so much!
I think the one thing that I pray for the most, is for unity among believers, communities, people. Possibly because I hate conflic, but also cuz I see so much unity in the Bible, it's talked about a lot, and i see so much LOVE when there is unity. and this is a Unity that is centered of Christ.
This unity in verse 13 is one totally focused on the complete fullness of Christ, all the knowledge, and all the faith, and we will all be unified and be able to attain it. I am looking forward to this unity.

Until then, I continue to pray for unity for all of us. For the Glory of God. To love everyone, no matter what, and to be unified with ALL believers. We are all different, we are all different for a reason, and we all have our own responsibilities and our own relationship with Jesus Christ. and We are all united in Christ!


"From Him (Jesus) the whole body (us), joined and held together by every supporting ligament, grows and builds itself up in love, as each part does its work." Eph 4:16

No comments:

Post a Comment