Saturday, July 24, 2010

Challenges & Blessings

I love travel. I feel like travel allows you to see and hear so much more than you normally would by just living at home all the time. And i think you receive so much more blessing as well, because your eyes are more open. The problem is, when we return back to normalcy, a lot of times we get back into routine, and forget and lose sight of what traveling did for us. but thats where we need to make decisions and be determined to let the Holy Spirit change us, remind us, keep our eyes open. Decide to remain in training, to keep on being challenged and being accountable to what you decide with someone else. And to learn discipline.


1 Timothy 4:7-8
"But reject profane and old wives’ fables, and exercise yourself toward godliness. For bodily exercise profits a little, but godliness is profitable for all things, having promise of the life that now is and of that which is to come."

Ive been challenged this week, on my lack of true discipline in my life. i like to think that I am quite disciplined, but in all reality, im lazy. i gotta face it. and this scripture talks about training or exercising yourself toward godliness...if u know me...u know i HATE exercise...like...i will usually try to do as much as i can to get out of it...then i feel guilty and sometimes end up doing at least a lil. or i try to take the easy way out of exercise and cheat on a 10 min video and only do bout 5 min...oops! but the bible tells us to exercise ourselves toward godliness.
for me, that looks like more prayer time. more time with my Jesus. more time in the word. more time learning and embracing and definately disciplining myself in things that I feel God wants me to learn, to pursue, (music for instance..possibly writing..building relationships...encouraging people...ministry) and most importantly HIM. and all that He has for me, i need to be more disciplined to learn and from that learning and time spent with God, to be obedient and to act. and to walk in His Truth constantly.
to not live lazily...aka..defeated.

so i guess im just feeling a lot of challenges right now for myself. esp in godliness, but also musically, relationally and even physically.
May the Lord help me, cuz He knows I need His Holy Strength!

The Joy of the Lord is my Strength. He is my Prize. For His Honor and His Glory, not mine.
Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment