Sunday, December 22, 2013

Late night meditations

There is so much depth to the love of my God.

As I sit wide awake mentally, and extremely tired physically here at 1:30am, with God laying people on my heart, and thinking about how much I love this person, and that person, and yet My heart loves them in such completely different ways, I can't help but think about the depth of His love.

  We can love others in a way that Paul loved Timothy, as a spiritual parent. We can love others like David and Jonathan, in a deep friendship....

For me, it feels impossible to express in words, as many things are when it comes to my Heavenly Father. And I am okay with that, because He is so other than. 

Either way, our hearts yearn for others. The more we experience different emotions, the more open our hearts become to the love of God. The deeper we feel, the deeper we love. And for some this may be frightening, and it sure can be. But it is also a complete privilege, and incredible blessing. For to have the heart of God, we must love like Him.
   And when I sit and think about those my heart deeply loves, I realize how much more the LORD loves....because He loves perfectly, without sin. Where we love imperfectly, while on this earth, because of sin. We forsake the love we feel and have  all the time. But God never forsakes His love for His creation; for us. And we can rest in Him. Wherever we are at, whatever walk of life we are in. He is faithful, and abounding in grace and love. 

Allow yourself to fall in love. With Jesus. With people. Your life will be changed. Your heart will change. Your mindset will change. Allow the perfect Love of Christ to bring redemption and freedom to your life.
He is Good. 

I leave you with a probably the most popular Psalm out there. But one of my favorites, for the mighty comfort and peace and truth it brings.

"The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. 
He makes me lie down in green pastures. He leads me beside still waters. 
He restores my soul. He leads me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake. 
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me. 
You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; you anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. 
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life, and I shall dwell in the house of the LORD forever. " 
Psalm 23

No comments:

Post a Comment