Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Just when I started to not think badly of winter....

Today, I didn't start off on the right foot. I drive Amish, and it snowed last night, and my car is only front-wheel drive. I was sliding a lot, I got stuck in a ditch and had 2 Amish men push me out....then after dropping off the last of my teachers, I couldn't make it up this one hill. I was alone, and had tried 3 times and I was so close....but my car just started going backwards. And all the nasty inside of me came out....cursing and full on bloody murder screaming. Not my finest moment...so after backing down the hill and talking to my mom I decided to go a different road....which only had worse hills....and then caused me to get stuck in a ditch...again. I think I had gotten most of my frustration out....so I just sat there and tried calling people but I had no service. 
In the end, I was able to get a hold of my mom and her, my sister in law and brother and Don came to my rescue. 

This isn't the first time I've reacted negatively when it comes to stressful situations, especially involving my car. This is actually the 2nd time, in 2 weeks....I decided, while I have the time to just sit there and wait, that I should probably read my bible and talk to God while waiting....and I kept asking God what He is trying to show me through this...because In my other blog shortly, u will see that I have entered a new spiritual season of life.
   I have been reading 1 Peter and the verse "be holy, as I am holy." Sent conviction to my heart. I did not respond in holiness to my circumstances. I acted in sin. Where I could have trusted God and been calm that it would all work out, I unleashed profanities. Which shows me where my heart is, and especially in high stress moments. I have an attitude. And I let this attitude get the best of me a lot of times. I react in this attitude before I react in a godly manner. And clearly that needs to change.
  But at the same time, Gods love and grace and blessings are continually being lavished on me...and that's just God works in my life. I am continually blown away by my God! 


   I'm grateful for a God who forgives, and who sanctifies and convicts and who is full of grace and loves me even when I'm at my ugliest. And amidst all of that, He still comes to my rescue and gives me just what I need.

Sometimes...u just have to laugh at life's circumstances, don't take yourself so seriously.

"But as he who called you is holy, you also be holy in all your conduct...when he was reviled, he did not revile in return; when he suffered, he did not threaten, but continued entrusting himself to him who judges justly. He himself bore our sins in his body on the tree that we might die to sin and live to righteousness. By his wounds you have been healed." 1 Peter 1:15; 2:23-24

No comments:

Post a Comment