Monday, December 16, 2013

I'll take a side of grace with that please!

There's been some odd things happening/going on in me very recently. Some which I'm not so willing to disclose to you, but some being such as blogging so incredibly much...lol, and most recently...currently...not really sleeping.

If you know me, you probably know that I never have a problem sleeping. I can sleep anytime, anywhere. And I sleep good. I rarely wake up in the middle of the night. If I do, I assume The Lord has someone for me to pray for, or some reason that I am not sure of.

4 out of the last 5 nights have been the most uncomfortable, and the worst nights of sleeping for me probably that I can remember. I have no clue what The Lord is doing in and through me, which is a common theme in this new season of life, there are many things I am having to adjust in my life and am learning. And i sure do hope this not sleeping thing....does not last like I hope some of the other things going on in my life do.

I'm not quite sure where I am going with this blog, seeing as it is 230am, but I guess one thing, just even from this past week that I am learning....is that you just need to endure. I am not in control of my life. I can't control what I feel...i can't control my sleeping patterns (I'm not one for medication...for myself) I sometimes can't even control what I do (especially in times of worship in the presence of God.) God is always sanctifying us, to become more like Him. For which I am grateful, for that is my ultimate desire; to be more like Christ.

I love how God works in my life. I love the crazy things He does, and is currently doing. 
Earlier this past week, my attitude was full of frustration when things didn't go as I had expected...now I can tell at the end of that week/beginning of a new week, my attitude is a much different one. One that embraces what is put before me, and takes it with grace. I still may need a bit more grace, but the frustration levels are significantly lower. And I praise God for that, and am grateful that He has heard my prayers and is answering my prayers. 


"It is for discipline that you have to endure. God is treating you as sons. For what son is there whom his father does not discipline? If you are left without discipline, in which all have participated, then you are illegitimate children and not sons. Besides this, we have had earthly fathers who disciplined us and we respected them. Shall we not much more be subject to the Father of spirits and live? For they disciplined us for a short time as it seemed best to them, but he disciplines us for our good, that we may share his holiness. For the moment all discipline seems painful rather than pleasant, but later it yields the peaceful fruit of righteousness to those who have been trained by it."  Hebrews 12:7-11

No comments:

Post a Comment