Saturday, September 4, 2010

Refreshing Hearts

Philemon 7, 20
"Your love has given me great joy and encouragement, because you brother, have refreshed the hearts of the saints......I do wish brother, that I may have some benefit from you in the Lord; refresh my heart in Christ."


Refreshing hearts. It's not just a beautiful phrase or words, but its a beautiful truth and thought.
As i read this yesterday, i just had to ponder it. I love the thought of refreshing hearts, and having your heart refreshed. I know there have been many times where my heart has just been refreshed by others. and i was thinking about that, and on HOW a heart is refreshed, and for me, i think my heart is refreshed when I see people worship freely. when i hear people who are just totally in love with the Father and are so genuine, as well as just being able to talk with people and share your heart and then, either a prayer from that person or just a listening ear or an encouraging word(s).
and i love when Paul was talking to Philemon about how his Love...and how it has given him great joy and encouragement because of how he has refreshed the hearts of the saints.
refreshment of hearts, stems from Love. not just any love. but a Heavenly Love. a Godly Love. The Love of our Father, that is inside of us. The Love that we surrender to, that causes us to be selfless, to fix our eyes on things and people other than ourselves....
my heart has been refreshed before. i would love for it to continue to be refreshed. and i would love to refresh the hearts of others i come in contact with.

No comments:

Post a Comment