Sunday, September 12, 2010

The Case For Jesus

"one who has become a priest not on the basis of a regulation as to his ancestry but on the basis of the POWER of an INDESTRUCTIBLE LIFE." Hebrews 7:16

I read this today, and got super excited. I fell in love with my God again. Which I am realizing is the reoccuring theme to my life, falling in love with my Creator.
The context is talking about this Melchizedek dude, who was a priest, and how the priests came from the tribe of Levi but he wasnt, he was special and i believe the Jews were putting this preist dude above other priests and even Jesus. i could be wrong, but thats what Im getting. But its saying how the old regulation to be a priest was based on their ancestry, what tribe they were from. where Jesus, who is the ultimate priest, his basis for priesthood isnt based on his ancestry, but on the POWER OF AN INDESTRUCTIBLE LIFE! i love it. THAT is my Savior!! indestructible!


"Such a high priest meets our need--one who is holy, blameless, pure, set apart from sinners, exalted above the heavens. Unlike the other high priests, he does not need to offer sacrifices day after day, first for his own sins, then for the sins of the people. He sacrificed for their sins once for all when he offered himself. For the law appoints as high priests men who are weak; but the oath, which came after law, appointed the Son, who has been made perfect forever." Hebrews 8:26-28

Jesus is perfect.
Makes me smile and my heart leap!

No comments:

Post a Comment