Monday, August 30, 2010

My God is Greater

We forget how awesome God is. How powerful He is. How might to save He is.

"Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfector of our faith..."
Hebrews 12:2(a)

One thing I am learning and being reminded of...(from the book Crazy Love-took another look at the first few chapters...forgot how awesome it was and through God and His word...)is that God is the only one who can change people. God is the one in charge.
So often I think that what I do for people, my time I give them, even may words I say to them, or actions will help change them. But really, i do nothing for people. God is the one who does everything in and for a person. Sometimes He may use me as a tool, which is a huge privelage, but ultimately, God is the only being who impacts people.

Also a reality that is pretty awesome, is that no matter how much I love someone, God's love for them is even greater. Pureer. Stronger. Mightier. Which is incredible. Cuz sometimes i don't know what to do because my heart is so full of love. And to think that God's love is perfect...it blows me away!

So i guess i challenge you to be blown away by the Love of God. and to remember that you can't change people. God is in control. God is God. Let Him be God, and sometimes you just have to give people up to Him. Give yourself up to Him. Give things up to Him. Because we can't make any changes without Him. We need Him.


"Our God is greater. Our God is stronger. God you are higher than any other. Our God is Healer. Awesome is Power. Our God. Our God!" Chris Tomlin

No comments:

Post a Comment