Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Colossians 1:10-14

"And we pray this in order that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and may please him in every way; bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God, being strengthened with all power according to his glorious might so that you may have great endurance and patience, and joyfully giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of the saints in the kingdom of light.
For he has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves, in whom we have redemption the forgiveness of sins."
Colossians 1:10-14


There have been scripture that has been blowing my mind, that I keep thinking about. This is one of those passages that's been repeating in my mind. It is my prayer. For people. For myself.
I like the thought of endurance. and the fact that we have The Holy Spirit who gives us the strength of endurance! and the lsat couple of weeks I have been learning the importance of gratitude. We should always be giving thanks to God, the Father. It is an act of worship, you cant worship without being thankful.
And the last verse, i just love. Jesus Christ has rescued us from the dominion of darkess and brought us into the kingdom of God, redemption and forgiveness of sins! I love it. so much power in these words!
Thank you God, for giving me Jesus, Jesus, for dieing on the cross and redeeming me and forgiving me. Thank you Spirit for being my stength. and God just for qualifying me.
May we pray this each morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment