Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Reminders in the sky

I love thunderstorms and lightning storms.

And I think that I love them because of the power that they portray and display.

There is something about a show of such power, that reminds me how mi-nute and small I am, and how Holy and Big and Powerful my God is. At any moment, a bolt of lightning could strike my car. Could strike a tree and kill it and the ground near it. Yet I am not fearful of that, because I believe my God is in control. 
Sometimes these shows, the thunder that shakes the whole house, the lightning that hits a little to close, gets your heart beating rapidly, shakes you up a bit, puts a little fear in you. As it should. As God should, because He is ALL POWERFUL. 

Sometimes, we just need to be reminded how small we are and how big God is.
Sometimes, we just need to be reminded who is LORD, who is in control of our lives and the world.



"For His invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse." Romans 1:20

No comments:

Post a Comment