Friday, February 24, 2012

My King

 

I love hearing people refer to Jesus at their King.
  this is surprisingly new to me, to actually really hear. and it makes my heart smile. a lot.

and today, as I received a tweet that someone posted, to their King, I happened to be listening to a beautiful song by rend collective called alabaster. and there are trumpets and other instruments in the song, and it sounded so Kingly and Royal…and the words were saying

”I will bow my life At Your feet
At Your feet My lips So lost for words
Will kiss Your feet Kiss Your feet.”

the idea of bowing down to someone, and kissing their feet struck me and got me thinking. of the old days, with Kings and Queens how servants and peasants and all people had to bow down, and i thought of the lady in the bible who poured perfume on Jesus’ feet and I believe she kissed His feet too. Which His feet would have been dirty! But i just got this incredibly beautiful image and desire in my head. to bow before my King and to kiss His feet. To show my humility and my servanthood to Him. To honor Him. To be in awe of Him.

We have the greatest King whom has ever lived. and May we continue to have moments when we see Him as our King, for that is who He is. and May we bow down before Him, and kiss His feet. In adoration and humility and service.

No comments:

Post a Comment