Wednesday, February 15, 2012

i love devotionals

 

I was blessed yesterday for Valentine’s Day, in numerous ways! But one way, was that I was given a devotional book by wonderful godly woman! and This morning when I read what today’s devotional was, it was exactly what I needed to hear. so I thought I would share it. It is written as if it were God speaking directly to you.

“Come to me with all your weaknesses: physical, emotional, and spiritual. Rest in  the comfort of My Presence, remembering that nothing is impossible with Me.
Pry your mind away from your problems  so you can focus your attention on Me. Recall that I am able to do immeasurably more than all you ask or imagine. Instead of trying to direct me to do this and that, seek to attune yourself to what I am already doing.
When anxiety attemps to wedge its way into your thoughts, remind yourself that I am your Shepherd. The bottom line is that I am taking care of you; therefore, you needn’t be afraid of anything. Rather than trying to maintain control over your life, abandon yourself to My will. Though this may feel frightening—even dangerous, the safest place to be is in My Will.”

Luke 1:37
“For nothing will be impossible with God.”

Ephesians 3:20-21
”Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever. Amen.”

Psalm 23:1-4
”The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.
He makes me lie down in green pastures.
He leads me beside still waters.
He restores my soul.
He leads me in paths of righteousness
for his name's sake. Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil,
for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
they comfort me. “

No comments:

Post a Comment