Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming

I love music, and I love worship. and I am really grateful right now that I am being pushed and challenged in these areas to get better and to grow.

People tell me I have a great singing voice, and I can sing, yes. But the reality is, there is always going to be room to grow, and something to work on, vocally, musically, and this even goes with all things...physically, spiritually and emotionally!

growing and being challenged is hard, but it is great at the same time. I am the kind of person, who just continually needs to be pushed. and i need to learn how to push myself when no one is there to push me. I need to learn to persevere, even when all I want to do is stop. and this goes in more areas than just working on my music and singing skills.


Things in life should never stay easy for us. It is good to try things that we have no clue how to do, or even think that we can't do. This is charachter building. We should never stay complacent where we're at, in our spiritual life, our walk with Christ, our own lives, our relationships, and our gifts and talents...never get complacent in them. We should always be striving for excellency in Christ, FOR Christ. To please Him, because He is worthy, not for approval of ourselves or anything like that...but just becaues we love Him, because He first loved us.
We shoudl always be being challenged and allowing God to stretch us and to mold us, FOR HIS NAME'S SAKE and for our sanctification.


"I can do all things through him who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13

1 comment:

  1. striving for excellency in Christ...because he loved us first...
    needed this pep talk, need to persevere..
    love it

    ReplyDelete