Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Mirrors

 

so i was reading my bible this morning, and just felt like sharing a few thoughts that ran thru my head and a couple verses.

James 1:22-25
”But be doers of the word and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves. For if anyone is a hearer of the word and not a doer, he is like a man who looks intently at his natural face in a mirror. For he looks at himself and goes away and at once forgets what he was like. But the one who looks into the perfect law, the law of liberty, and perserveres, being no hearer, who forgets but a doer who acts, he will be blessed in his doing.”

I’ve heard it said that the Word of God (the bible) acts as our mirror. For our Spiritual life, and our charachter our mirror is God’s Word. Yet as this verse says, how often do we read the Word, walk away, and completely forget what we read, or what Christ has said about us and our identity….

I know that I do this, all to often. i did it this morning as we were reading it…I forgot who I was in Christ, even as I was reading and being challenged by this passage. we need to apply the words of God to who we are, we need to compare our charachter to what Christ says about who we are in Him, our new life. We need to not just walk away from our mirror forgetting who we are. but walk away remembering who we are, and perservereing in that.

We need to not just hear who we are, but act and live in who we are!

No comments:

Post a Comment