Wednesday, September 21, 2011

community

 

I was also reading, one of my favorite chapters in the Bible.

Colossians 3:16
”Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, teaching and admonishing one another in all wisdom, singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, with thankfulness in your hearts to God.”

I’ve read this verse loads of times, cuz it’s part of my favorite passage, but for some reason this morning, this one thought just stuck out to me.
      we are all, always teaching someone whether with our lives, our words, our actions…in someway we are always teaching…and vice verse…we are always being taught. and the majority of time, we don’t even realize it.

and i am one, who at times…can be quite stubborn and get an attitude of "’this person can’t tell me what to do…they dont have authority over me…’ but I was reminded that…

“i am not better than anyone.” and that goes for all of us. we are all wretched sinners. gloriously saved and made alive by the grace and mercy and love of God. We can learn from all people, and we are always teaching something. Good and bad.

but the bible tells us to teach one another, as we are dwelling in the word of Christ and to admonish (or to counsel, or reprove) one another in the same way…in wisdom, in songs…all with a GRATEFUL HEART.
 

my attitude, is the wrong attitude a lot of the time. I need to be willing to learn and to take counsel from people. I do believe though, there needs to be respect in it though, you can’t just go up to anyone and tell them they are wrong or teach them a certain thing…we are also called to respect and love one another…

it says that the word of Christ needs to be in us as we teach and admonish…in all wisdom…

 

So i was just reminded today to be more open and to check my attitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment