Monday, June 6, 2011

Hold Your Head Up High

“Therefore lift your drooping hands and strengthen your weak knees, and make straight paths for your feet, so that what is lame may not be put out of joint but rather be healed.” Hebrews 12:12-13

I hate any kind of exercise. Even the simplest thing as walking…is a trial for me. But last week, I felt motivated twice. Got up purposely to go on about a 3 mile walk. I must walk funny, or not right, becaue I am always in pain when I walk. My shins and my feet hurt when I walk. So I start my walks out, quite frustrated and angry and in pain. Asking God to take the pain away. hah But by the end of the walk, I am feeling great. (which probably should make it all worth it!)

During one of these walks, I noticed that I tend to walk with my head hung low. I watch the road and my feet. I don’t look ahead, or hold my head up. But by the end of the walk, im looking ahead and my head is up. I feel like we can relate this spiritually as well.

I think when we are in those moments of life where life hurts…its hard, we are struggling, we are in pain…we tend to really hang our head….and when life is good, or we are really trusting in the LORD and confident in Him, our heads are definately held high.

WE HAVE NO REASON TO HANG OUR HEADS.
as children of God, we should always be looking up. No matter what pain or struggle we are in, we never have a reason to look down or to hang our heads.

“Therefore, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us also lay aside every weight, and sin which clings so cloesly, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking to Jesus, the founder and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before Him endure the cross, despising the sahme and is seated at the right hand of the throne of God.” Hebrews 12:1-2

No comments:

Post a Comment