Monday, May 9, 2011

Refresh Hearts

I was reading Philemon tonight. and thinking about the people who just encourage my heart and who truly have refreshed my heart.

Then I came to the verse where Paul is telling Philemon to receive Onesimus, and that all the wrongs and things he owes to him, to put it to Paul’s account.
  This is very much paints a  great picture of what Christ has done for us. we all have wronged people, we all owe…yet Christ has taken all of those wrongs, and all we owe, all our sin….a sinless man..has taken it all upon Himself and has redeemed us. Put it all to death, and He Himself has risen from Dead…conquered death and we now can have life.

Yet….how often, do we still hold those wrong doings and what people owe us, against them. How often, do we not receive people. This hits me personally as well, for people I care deeply about. But all through the world, CHRISTIANS, seem to be the least receiving of people. myself is included at times unfortunately. My heart cannot handle that anymore. Why can’t we just remember all Christ has done for us, and just receive people. forget their past, forget your bitterness, your fears, your pride and humble yourselves and receive people. Love, as Christ has loved you, because you are not better than anyone else.

Im praying for music…because this touches my heart so much, I want to write a song. cuz people in christian communities, need to stop doing what they’re doing. and let by gones, be by gones.

 

Thank you Lord for what you are doing in hearts…and for humbling us. and working in our lives and drawing us all close to Yourself!


P.S.
   I wonder if Paul purposely wrote things like “confident in your obedience…” and etc…to bring conviction to people. Cuz if Philemon wouldnt have obeyed all that Paul did, how terrible would he have felt, to treat Onesimus as a slave as he once did, rather than putting all his wrongs on Paul’s account…. ?!
  I kinda think he did do it on purpose. and i like that. that’s bold. and sneaky.

No comments:

Post a Comment