Sunday, May 15, 2011

Psalm 62

“My soul finds rest in God alone…” 
    Psalm 62:1

I am really finding this part of verse 1 to be so true and alive to me at the moment.
 

I guess for a while emotionally I have just been up and down, quite a bit for the past 3 weeks or so. It’s been a bit frustrating, and I thought that going away would bring a lot of refreshment and rest for me, but the first few days….were definately not what I was expecting or wanting really. But then one morning, after a bit of prayer, I just woke up ready to take on the world it seemed!

So often we try to find rest and refreshment for our souls from a vacation, water, the beach, sounds, smells, people, conversations, worship, bible reading, television, movies, sleep….etc
      all good things in my opinion! but so often we expect those things, to bring us rest, and to lift us up when really, the only thing that can ever bring us rest is God and God alone. We can find Him in many things, in all these things, but we just need to remember that it is God who gives us rest.

”…Once God has spoken; twice have I heard this: that power belongs to God, and that to you, O Lord, belongs steadfast love. For you will render to a man according to his work.”  Psalm 62:11-12

No comments:

Post a Comment