Friday, June 5, 2009

God is Enough.

I want to start off by quoting a line from a song...called Beloved by 10th Avenue North.
the lyric is..
"Love of my life, look deep in my eyes there you will find what you need..."
This is being said as if Jesus were saying it to us. To me. I have everything that I need, in Jesus. His love is all I need, is what should get me through, is what gives me my worth and makes me beautiful, inside and out. His love, His being, is what makes me who I am, is all that I need to get through a day, to love other people, to have confidence, to be friendly, to be interested....everything.
In God's love, in His eyes, we will find what it is we need....
to glorify Him, to live a life of purpose and of love.

God is enough. God(in all He is) is what we need. Is what I need. All I need. and That should be enough. His love, should be enough. Can we say that for our own lives?! Can we tell God in all honesty that He truly is enough for us?! Does our lives, show God and other people, that He is enough?! Do we give in to ourselves or to God?! Do we stay in our little bubble or go out of the bubble (aka comfort zone) and show God that we WANT Him, and that Jesus' love really is enough for us!

I pray mine does. I believe wholeheartedly that my Jesus is more than enough for me! I know it. I believe it. I am doing my best to live it! But once again, I can't do anything w/o Him. The Spirit (my partner) is what empowers me to live a life of devotion and love...(that's a whole other entry). But my Jesus is enough....

Then in my devotions this morning...it talked about Jesus and the rich man.
Mark 10:17-23 (New International Version)
The Rich Young Man 17As Jesus started on his way, a man ran up to him and fell on his knees before him. "Good teacher," he asked, "what must I do to inherit eternal life?"
18"Why do you call me good?" Jesus answered. "No one is good—except God alone. 19You know the commandments: 'Do not murder, do not commit adultery, do not steal, do not give false testimony, do not defraud, honor your father and mother.'[a]"
20"Teacher," he declared, "all these I have kept since I was a boy."
21Jesus looked at him and loved him. "One thing you lack," he said. "Go, sell everything you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me."
22At this the man's face fell. He went away sad, because he had great wealth.
23Jesus looked around and said to his disciples, "How hard it is for the rich to enter the kingdom of God!"

Jesus wasn't enough for the rich man. He enjoyed His "stuff" too much. And what we hold onto, what we WANT...is worthless unless it is wanting more of Jesus, holding onto Jesus.
I know I want so many things in this world...clothes, dvds, new car, food...necessary things and unnessary things...but all of this world and all things that I will not take with me to heaven.
So why do I want them so bad?! Why do I wish I had more money so that I could go shopping or so that I could buy something new, which I really don't need?! It's not gonna get me anywhere. It will only satisfy me for what, a couple weeks?!?!
Why can't we just be content and happy with what God gives us. Why do we always want more of this world, and not more of Jesus?! Or, we want more of both...we can't have more of both.
One or the other.
So really, which do we want more of?! Which are we willing to let go of?!
Is God enough?! Is not buying all the new toys, not spending your money on clothes or cds or dvds all the time worth it for more of Jesus?!

It is for me. It's just time to live that out.
Jesus is calling us to more....yes we lose out on some of this stuff of the world...we need to sacrifice...but look at the sacrifice that Jesus made.....
and look where we will be in the end...face to face....in full glory....Jesus is worth it. Sacrifice is worth it. Uncomfortableness is worth it. Stretch marks in our lives, are way worth it!

Praise God today. Because He chose you. He wants to embrace you with His love. He wants more of you. He wants to bring you to himself. He wants more for you!
Embrace Him. Everything about Him. Because He IS, Enough.


For me, to live is Christ and to die is gain. Philippians 1:21

No comments:

Post a Comment