Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Satisfy me Lord

Satisfy- to fulfill the desires, expectations, NEEDS...; to put an end to (desire, want, need) by sufficient or ample provision.


Until the other day, I hadn't really thought about a new year.
 It's winter outside...and if I am being honest, it feels like winter in my heart as well. I don't really have much to say, just that I know, and I believe that Christ satisfies our every longing. My every need, my every longing, my every desire and want, He is there. He knows them. He see's them and He provides upon need. He satisfies.

I know as long as I am on this earth, in this human body, there will always seem to be something missing, a void. But I also believe, that God is greater than that void, that feeling, and that He can fill it. So i guess the cry of my heart this year, this winter season, and all future seasons, is that Jesus will satisfy me. Not with what I am expecting, but with His will, His greater plans and desires for me. That my satisfaction will be found in Christ and Christ alone. That my vision will not be blurred, that my doubts will not prevail, that I will obey and heed His call, that I will follow wherever the Spirit takes me, day to day. I can be satisfied. I will be satisfied, in Jesus Christ, my LORD. my Savior. my Redeemer. my Friend.

My part...to believe. To seek God, earnestly. To pray, to be faithful.

My prayer: to be joyful in winter and in the journey. No matter how tired or worn or frustrated I am. God is worth every tear, every drop of sweat, every sore muscle, every headache, every  touch of pain, every piece of effort....He is worth everything.

Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.
James 1:2-4

"Consider him who endured from sinners such hostility against himself, so that you may not grow weary or fainthearted. In your struggle against sin you have not yet resisted to the point of shedding your blood." Hebrews 12:3-4

No comments:

Post a Comment