Saturday, April 26, 2014

Saturday Morning Meditations

Sometimes I have no clue how to express in words what my heart feels. It's a frustrating thing for someone who enjoys to write things down, but I am finding that it is also a very beautiful thing for my intimacy with Christ. 
   He understands exactly what my heart feels and wants to say. And that brings tears to my eyes, out of gratitude and amazement at this unrelenting Love of my Creator.
   I encourage you, in your weariness, in your waiting, in your fear, in your joy, in your frustration...wherever you are at, be desperate for God. Know that He knows your heart better than you even do. He is with you. Take time today to just sit with Him, and let Him love you, speak to you, renew you, hold you, carry you...etc.


In my season of waiting, I find that I am continually put in situations where I need to wait, (take this fast I am on for instance...ice cream on Thursday cannot come quickly enough!). But when my attention and feelings are rooted in me just looking at what's to come, yes there is excitement, but then it moves to...'but I can't have it now!' And I become moody and trouble hearted. BUT, when my attention and feelings are rooted in the present and all that Christ is doing in me and in the people around me, I can't help but be joyful, and worship, and pray for what God lays on my heart. The fact that I am waiting, and all my frustration gets forgotten in the moment, because I am fixed on the One who is worthy of all of my attention and praise! 

God keeps putting this excitement within me in this season. I pray that He does the same in you. That you are excited for what God is doing, and what He will do. That your eyes see Him, more than they see yourself or things of this world. That you will worship, with all your heart, mind, soul, and strength and allow Him to be with you in the midst of life and that your desperation for Christ will only grow so that you are continuously seeking Him at all times. 

Turn your eyes upon Him, and look FULL in His wonderful face. And the things of this earth will grow strangely dim, in the light of His Glory and Grace! 

✌️ my brethren!

No comments:

Post a Comment