Saturday, August 24, 2013

What do you want?!

Tonight I spent an hour praying for our local YoungLife ministry. And I couldn't help but notice in some of the more specific prayer requests for individuals that a lot of them wanted to spend more time with Christ. This made me think that a lot of times, this is a very popular request among believers. 

Then I thought of how often you hear the phrase, 'you make time for what you want...'
   And I do believe that that is true. I think of all the high school boys (and even grown boys!) who will spend hours a day, or stay up all night sometimes just playing video games. Or people like me who love television and will stay up until 2 am no matter how tired you are to watch a favorite tv show! Or we make time to hang out with friends...etc...but how often do we ourselves MAKE time to spend with Christ?! 

Are we willing to sacrifice a few minutes of sleep to spend time with Him? Are we willing to sacrifice one episode a day? Are we willing to sacrifice meeting up w a friend to spend time w Jesus?...the list could go on. 

Don't get me wrongs, none of these things are wrong. I just find it interesting that what seems to be the most common prayer request is to spend more time with Christ...

And my thought is.....maybe the prayer request shouldn't be to spend more time with Christ but instead, to, WANT Christ more. To long for Him. To desire Him above anything else in our lives that can distract us from Him. To want Him so much, that it moves us to action. 

So I ask, what do you want? 

No comments:

Post a Comment