Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Prayer

James 1: 2b
”…you do not have, because you do not ask.”

I was challenged earlier this week to meditate on a few passages that were read on Sunday and preached on, and i am jsut now doing that…but I was reading over a passage in James. and this part of verse 2, stuck out to me.

What am I asking of God? What am i praying for? Are they my own lust and passions, or are they pleasing to God?

So i was thinking about the first question…and what I am entering into the Throne Room of God when I pray…(which im realizing how sucky my prayer life really is, and how so often when we become focused more on ourselves how our prayer life hinders from that deeply).  But so often when i hear this question, my first response is  “i want You, God.” and it just hit me….’duh, I already have Him!” so why am I asking Him, for Him when He has already blessed me with His Holy Spirit!

So I ask again, what am I asking of God? I think weekly the answer to this question can change. But at this moment in time, I want to be confident in Him, in me. I desire confidence, so that He can most glorified and praised in my life, because confidence is a thing i lack quite often. But my heart’s desire is to Prasie God, and bring Him glory, and if I am confident (but not prideful) in His work in and through me, of course He will receive honor and praise!

and of course there are other requests as usual….but i leave you with this question…

Are your prayers/requests to God, genuine, from your heart? Or are you just repeating what you hear other people praying for?

No comments:

Post a Comment